Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Prom 2012

Prom has been an event that I have waited to attend for so long!
April 28, 2012 I finally got to go.
It was such an amazing experience.
I loved getting dressed up and dancing the night away.
The majority of the junior class came to my house to get ready.
For the previous dances we get ready with our small groups.
I loved being all together in one place this time!
Good thing we had lots of hands to use.
Lacing up dresses is time consuming!

Our theme was "An Evening in Paris".
It was held at the Botanical Gardens.
The after prom was held at the YMCA.
 
I went with my boyfriend Eric!
He even gave me a foot massage half way into prom.
That's why he has lasted 9 months! ;)

For events like this the song "Time of Your Life" by Green Day pops into my head.

Another turning point;
A fork stuck in the road.
Time grabs you by the wrist;
Directs you where to go.
So make the best of this test and don't ask why.
It's not a question but a lesson learned in time.
It's something unpredictable
But in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
So take the photographs
And still frames in your mind.
Hang it on a shelf
In good health and good time
Tattoos of memories
And dead skin on trial.
For what it's worth,
It was worth all the while.
It's something unpredictable
But in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
Some of my favorite quotes from the nights were...
Sydney: Jared is naked in your house!
(Jared was taking a shower in my bathroom and she needed to inform me)
Coach: No sexy poses!
(Attempting to take a softball prom picture.)

Our school is a very touchy feely school.
No joke!
We are literally all over each other.
You cant walk out in the hallway without getting your butt slapped, high fived, hugged, or tackled.
One of the perks of going to a private school is that they aren't very strict on personal contact.
When I talk with alumni they say that's what they miss the most.
Proof is in the pictures.
The pictures below is of Luke and our Spanish teacher.

We got our Spanish teacher, English teacher, softball coach, and music teacher all out on the dance floor.
Most of the time they went willingly......



(Can you spot our softball coach?)

                                             I most certainly did have the time of my life!
Dancing with my friends, my team, my coach, and even my teachers.
It was a memory that I will not forget!


No comments: