Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rules

*Disclaimer: I have no problem with laws or authority. This is just a late night rant that I found very amusing to right. Come back to me in thirty years, when I have teenagers of my own. I highly doubt my views on this will be the same.

Once upon a time I got bored. So I decided to look up laws/guidelines for my city. Please do not ask me why I decided to occupy my time by doing that. I honestly have no reason for you, except that I was bored.It was a bad idea! Man, I break these laws all the time. Like almost every day! I feel like a bad citizen or something. Actually, I don't feel bad at all.

Example 1:

"No person under the age of 17 shall loiter, idle, or remain upon the public streets, highways, roads, alleys, parks, vacant lots, or any public lands, either on foot or in any vehicle driven or parked thereon, between the hours of 10:00 P.M. and 6:00 A.M., unless accompanied by his or her parent,
guardian, or other adult person having his or her custody, as the term "custody" is defined in §895.035, Wis.Stats."

So what do they expect me to do from 10:00pm-6:00am? Knit? Twiddle my thumbs? I'm a night owl much to my parents dismay. I like going out to dinner at 1am, driving around town, driving to an actual place,etc. My parents are old. They like going to bed at nine o'clock. Is that suppose to mean that is when my day is suppose to end? Ive only been awake nine hours at best by then. No way. I can only watch so much Netflix, before I need to make a midnight run to Taco Bell.

Example 2:

"No owner, tenant, or person in control of a residence or other facility shall allow or permit a child under the age of 18 to loiter, idle, or remain in said residence or upon said property without the consent of the child's parent, guardian, or spouse."

Or spouse? First of all I think if you are 18 or younger you should not have a spouse. And once you have a spouse you shouldnt need premission from them to be at someones residence. Back to how this little rule relates to me. I have a lot of freedoms. On occasion I have even asked my parents why they never called me the previous night. Every once in a while I would like to feel like they care about my whereabouts. So if Im off driving between the hours of 10:00 P.M. and 6:00 A.M I tend to have a location in mind. As Ive mentioned before my parents go to bed at 9. They dont want me calling them late at night getting there permission to be at someones house.I dont even remember the last time my parents called one of my friends parents and said, "Is it okay if (insert name) is in my residence or upon said property?" Sure, maybe when I was a little kid and my Mother was setting up a play date. No one has time for that anymore!

Well, I highly enjoyed venting to you about this. Im off to enjoy the night with my friends! I mean off to bed I go, because thats where my city thinks I belong at this hour!

No comments: