Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Senior Retreat

Before school starts my school has a senior retreat.
A time for the new senior class to talk about leadership and stuff.
It's a good way to prepare for the upcoming school year!
This year our class went camping.
I love camping!
Sitting around the campfire with friends is one of my favorite things to do.
 
On the first day we had a bible study, discussion about how we want to show leadership, and of course brats cooked over the fire!

Once it got dark we went to the beach.
The water was so warm!
We used that to our full advantage.


After we got done swimming the girls in my class(excluding three) just hang out.
We sat around outside talking and playing games.
Then a park ranger came and we continued our bonding time in a tent.
I really wish we would have connected like that earlier in our high school career.
 
The next day we headed back to the beach!
We also got our freshman buddies assigned.
I have been waiting for that moment for a long time!
 
Tearing down the tent was interesting.
We found a lot of spiders and bugs!
Yuck.
When in doubt poke it with a stick...or smash it.



 
This retreat has me ready to go back to school!
I'm ready to make senior year the best year!
In a little less than a year we will graduate and go our separate ways.
Its a terrifying thought but you cant slow down time.
Just enjoy the days and situations you have been given!

No comments: