Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

"When I was first married my husband said I was one of the bravest people he knew. When I asked him why, he said because I was a complete coward but went ahead and did things anyhow."
- Pema Chodron

The year 2013 is a big one for me. I will graduate high school, become an adult,  start a new life, go off to college, meet new people, and make new mistakes. Along with all the exciting things happening this year, comes the less appealing things. Lots of questions and concerns are swirling around in my head. Did I pick the best college for me? Did I apply for enough scholarships? Did I try hard enough in high school? How will I afford college? Do I really want to become a nurse?

Lots of fear has crept into my head. I just have to keep telling myself that this fear is no different then previous fears. I am often the one trying to get my friends to do something stupid, but the time I spend convincing my friends to do it, I am also convincing myself.

So here is to being a complete coward and still plowing forward in life.

So my news years resolution is: (drum roll please)

Feel the fear and do it anway.

I thought it was much more realistic than to give up soda, lose weight,etc. Those type of resolutions I never follow through with anyway.

Happy New Year

No comments: