Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A happy senior post!

I was driving my sister and I home and she started asking questions about high school. I just couldn't stop! I was telling her abouts the classes she should take first, the thing she has to do with her friends, my favorite memories, and how fast it all goes. I made sure to say that every bad thing that happens between freshmen and junior year, senior year makes up for it. The year that I will tell people was my favorite year in high school. I have about three months left before I give up my senior status for freshmen again. I have two quotes that have played a large part in my life this year. I have mentioned both of this on my blog before.

"When I was first married my husband said I was one of the bravest people he knew. When I asked him why, he said because I was a complete coward but went ahead and did things anyhow."
- Pema Chodron


"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."
-Steve Jobs

I was going through old posts that I have written throughout the school year and pulled out my favorite quotes, that I came up with!

"I'm ready to make senior year the best year!"

"Sarah and I are attempting to enjoy this year to the fullest! Even if it involves being a little wild and crazy"

"Young, wild, and free only happens for a short period. Carpe Diem?"

"We seized a moment of our fleeting teenage lives and now have another memory to take place in the back of our minds. A memory that will hopefully resurface in 10 or 20 years from now and make us smile"

"Since we are seniors we decided to enjoy the rites that the title brings"

"A small price to pay for enjoying ourselves."

"We just wanted that last hurrah!"
 
I have gained so much confidence being a senior or maybe I just stop caring about what others think? Either way its the perfect time to let loss and enjoy yourself! Who cares about the demerits you get, the rules you break, the people you temporarily piss off, or the people that deem themselves better than you. Like I have said a million times, you will remember the memories you made, not the homework assignments you did.

 

1 comment:

Sarah Moran said...

Love this post!! And the two extra quotes I am getting for my speech from it! Dang girl, for someone who is going after realistic and achievable dreams, you sure have the inspirational stuff down lol