Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Race

"She wasted all her school time wanting to be the age she is now, and she'll waste all the rest of her life trying to stay that age. Her whole idea is to race on to the silliest time of one's life as quick as she can and then stop there as long as she can..."

I love this quote from the Chronicles of Narnia. Its talking about Susan. The oldest girl and the only one to be left behind. If you read the books, looking at them in a christian way, she was denied access to heaven when she stopped believing in Narnia.

So many people, myself included, rush through life. We cant wait until we reach what we believe to be the "perfect" age. What is the perfect age any way? Sure, you might have goals and dreams that you hope to accomplish by a certain age and you believe that once that happens, life will be everything you have ever wanted. So what if you rush through life, get to that dream age, and realize its not any better? You will never get that time back.

I don't have anything else to say about this. It has just been on my mind recently. I could not wait for my life to finally start. Today, I find myself holding tight to the fleeting days of high school, because I am not ready for it to end.








No comments: