Saturday, June 1, 2013

Country Music

Over the years I have gotten a lot of crap for liking country music. Some of those haters I managed to change into country music lovers. I love country music because it speaks my language. The lyrics can sum up my feelings or events in my life perfectly. It is perfect music to have in the background while camping with your friends or you can have it on full blast while driving down the street. People judge it when they hear the fiddle or the yeehaws, but if they would give it a chance, I think they would fall in love with the lyrics.

"Back when the world was flat and mama and daddy didn't have a clue 
That was back Back when a pitcher of beer and a couple shots made me bulletproof 
Back when god was a name I used in vain to get a point across when I got ticked off 
Lord I'm learning so much more 
Than back when I knew it all"

-Montgomery Gentry(Back when I knew it all)


"But if those girls were being honest that have been where you're at
I'd bet they'd tell you they wish they had their innocence back"

-Kellie Pickler (Don't you know you're beautiful)



"These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
but your gonna miss this"

-Toby Keith(You're gonna miss this)



"Eighteen years had come and gone
For momma they flew by
But for me they drug on and on
We were loading up that Chevy
Both tryin' not to cry
Momma kept on talking
Putting off good-bye"

-Carrie Underwood (Dont forget to remember me)



"How could 18 years just up'n walk away?
Our little pony-tail girl grown up to be a woman
Now she's gone in the blink of an eye
She left the suds in the bucket and the clothes hangin' out on the line
"


-Sara Evans (Suds in the Bucket)



"And now I know why the all the trees change in the fall
I know you were on my side even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
For staying back and watching me shine
And I didn't know if you knew, so I'm takin' this chance to say
That I had the best day with you today"

-Taylor Swift (The Best Day)



"I go back to the smell of an old gym floor
The taste of salt on the Carolina shore
After graduation and drinkin' goodbye to friends
And I go back to watchin summer fade to fall
Growin' up too fast and I do recall
Wishin' time would stop right in its tracks
Every time I hear that song, I go back, I go back
"

-Kenny Chesney (I Go Back)



"You got so much up ahead, you'll make new friends
You should see your kids and wife
And I'd end by saying have no fear
These are nowhere near the best years of your life"

-Brad Paisley (Letter To Me)




"There's mistakes that I have made,
Some chances I just threw away,
Some roads,
I never should have taken,
Been some signs I didn't see,
Hearts that I hurt needlessly,
Some wounds,
That I wish I could have one more chance to mend,
But it don't make no difference,
The past can't be rewritten,
You get the life you're given,
Oh, some pages turned,
Some bridges burned,
But there were,
Lessons learned."


- Carrie Underwood (Lessons Learned)


2 comments:

Sydney said...

Words cannot describe how awesome this post is.

Chelsey Pierce said...

I do have to agree with Sydney!