Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Flip a coin

It is weird to think that my parents were once my age. They had their whole life ahead of them and they had dreams and goals similar to what I have. I highly doubt the life they have now is the one they envisioned at 17. That scares me. There is so much to do and see. I wonder if they look back on their life and wished they had done things differently. I once wanted the typical american lifestyle. Graduate high school, graduate college, find a dream job, get married, have babies, raise a family, and retire.I'm not so sure that I want that anymore.

That plan does not involve not having a plan.

I feel lost when I look at the plan I have been following and I feel lost when I look past it.

My dad played by the rules and got burned.
My mom didn't play by the rules and got burned.

Maybe, I will just flip a coin.


No comments: