Friday, August 2, 2013

Happy 19th Birthday

I have spent a few days this summer hanging out on my best friends couch, eating pizza and ramen noodles, watching our favorite movies from the past, and reminiscing about our past 12+ years. It was fun remembering past events. We had no idea that some of those days would become permanent fixtures in our memories. We were simply being kids and making the best out of it. In a few weeks we are moving out of our childhood homes. The houses that hold so many memories for us. We are on to the next chapter of our lives and after all this time we meet the fork in the road. It's hard for me to think about not having my best friend living across town. The worst part of growing up is change. I know that I will always have a bond with her and no amount of distance will change that. I just hope that our paths cross often and that the future holds many more Rae and Shannon moments.

Happy Birthday my beautiful girl. I wouldn't trade our time together for anything.

No comments: