Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Without a Plan

Sometimes I dream about packing a backpack with clothes, buying a plane ticket, and just leaving. I travel to New York City, San Francisco, Portland, or even Italy. I find a job at a cafe or coffeeshop. I live in a small apartment with people I don't know at first, but eventually they become my best friends. We live life not knowing what the next day will bring and we have no real plans for the future. We seize the day and live life to the fullest. Eventually, we find the people we are meant to spend the rest of our lives with. We have the white picket fences, children running around, and plenty of bonfires in the backyard. We reminiscence on the days that we were young and wild and free.

Then I wake up and realize nothing is stopping me from doing this. Except, I am constantly being told that in order to get far in life you need a collage degree and a plan. The goal in life is to get an education, get a job, find a person to marry, have kids, watch the kids grow up, and then eventually retire. None of that involves just getting up and leaving without a plan.


1 comment:

Layne Moran said...

This is one of the many reasons why I love you. I love that we think the same way about this sort of thing! I hope you are doing well hun, I miss you!!!