Sunday, October 20, 2013

I Ask For It

My friend once said to me, "I think you just ask for it. You get to involved with peoples lives and make their problems your own."

I've carried that comment around with me for a while now. I thought it may be true, but I don't think so anymore.

My roommate invited me to attend a party with her. I was going out of town for the night so I didn't go with her. The next night she seemed a bit out of it, but not enough for me to question anything. A week later she still seemed off and I asked her if everything was all right.

She told me that she was raped at that party. The next night she used her razor to cut herself out of shame of what happened.

I wish it was as simple as "I ask for it" and "I get to involved with peoples lives" because I'm tired of never having the right words to say and not knowing how to help someone that doesn't want help, but needs it.

I want to just brush off their problems and focus on my own.

I wish I didn't care about people and their problems.

I wish I could just brush off their comments.

I wish it was a simple as I "ask for it", because then I could just stopping asking and then I could stop caring.

Until I figure out a way to repel people and their problems, I'm just going to keep pretending that I can handle people and their problems.






No comments: