Thursday, January 9, 2014

19

Today is the birthday of one of my favorite girls. Im pretty sure she thinks that her birthday should be a national holiday, but that's a whole blog post in itself. She has rocked the whole"being an adult" thing and I bet year #2 of being an adult will be just as great.

In honor of Sarah's 19th birthday I have created a list of things I love about her. 
Happy 19th Birthday Sarah!
I wish I could be spending it with you. 

1. She loves her friends 

This girl would literally do anything for the people she loves. Our relationship has had a lot of ups and downs, but she has still managed to show the same love through out it all.

2. She knows how to have a good time.

I have had so much fun with Sarah. She can turn boring events into exciting events. We have so many awesome memories that have stemmed from random things. She helps make my life a good time.

3. She understands the feeling of loving a cat.

Not many people understand what it is like to be in love with a cat, but she does. I love being able to share this obsession with her. It is something that only a few truly understand.
4. She loves country music

Sarah is one of the few people in my life that I didn't have to convert/attempt to convert to a country music lover. It has been such a relief in my life not having to explain the amazingness of country music. 
Yee-haw.

5. She makes a good partner-in-law

The majority of my shenanigans have involved this girl. It's a real bonding experience between us. I know that she will be a willing participant in a whole variety of things. 

6. Ability to fit

I didn't know how to explain this one. She fits in well with my family, she fits in well in my heart, etc. She may deny this and will have a list of reasons why, but she fits in so many important places and those places are what matter.

7. Her morning routine

I have always been jealous of people that wake up at ridiculous times in order to start their morning routine. Sarah is one of those people. That girl is determined to be put together for the day and I love her dedication to this.

8. She follows her heart

That damn heart sometimes drives me so crazy, but she follows it any way. 

9. She is a kid at heart

Sarah has an ability to go from mature adult to little kid in a flash. I love people that have that ability and are not willing to give up that part of life. 

10. She's a hard worker

She may spend money just as fast as she makes it, but she works hard for it. She has always had a job and she has worked for the majority of the things she has. It's going to get her far in life.


11. She makes time for her friends

She is really good at this and I should probably attempt to learn from her. She is constantly juggling things in order to make time for her friends. Her friends are lucky to have her.

12. Her obsessions

Eyebrows.
Psych.
Spider-man.
Gilmore Girls.

Im sure there is plenty more that could be added to that list. 


13. Artistic skills

Art class in high school was always entertaining. Her art is either good or a disaster and it's rare to find something in the middle of that. I love sharing this trait with her! I love that she still wants to be a crafty person even with all the evidence that she should find a new hobby.


14. Ability to fight back

I love a good debate and she is someone that I can go back and forth with. It's also a good trait to have in life.

15. Her love for theater

She has a love and that love is theater. She wants to pursue her passion and I couldn't be more proud of her for that. No matter how she uses her love, I know she will be great.

16. Her personality

She once told me that she didn't like her personality. I couldn't disagree with her more, because I love it.   Of course it also drives me crazy, but her personality is what makes her Sarah. She has a crazy personality, but that's one of the many reasons why I love her.

17. She is open to adventure

Take a greyhound bus to Ohio. Check.
Spring break to Florida. Check.
White water rafting. Check.
Skipping school. Check.



18. Her love for TV and movies

She can watch an entire season of a show in a crazy short amount of time. She loves everything from musicals to crime shows. 

19. She's friends with me

It's not always a fun and easy thing to do, but she's still here after all this time.
I don't tell her how much I appreciate her friendship as much as I should, but I really do appreciate it. I couldn't imagine my life without her. 

No comments: