Friday, January 3, 2014

Year in Review- 2013

I feel like I wished for the year 2013 my entire life.
It was the year that I was going to graduate high school, turn eighteen, and go to college.
It's almost gone now and I must say it was one hell of a year.
It brought a lot of change which included some good and some bad change.
High school ended.
Which meant that there was a lot of lasts and firsts.

Last(s):
Semester in high school.
Study hall with Mrs.King.
Classes together with people Ive spent the past 4 years with
.
School dances.
Softball season.
Leaving early for class and instead going to Starbucks.

First(s):
Spring Break
Diploma
Living in a new state
Attending a school without my best friend(s)
First college semester

It took me forever, but I finally picked out the major things that happened every month this year. I did not think it would be this long, but oh well!
January
  • January brought the end of my first semester of senior and the beginning of my last semester of high school forever. It was the beginning of a year full of firsts and lasts.
  • I rolled my snowmobile for the first time down a hill. I haven't been back on one since. 
February

  • My glasses broke which meant it was time for a new pair. Jordan tried to use a hot glue gun to fix them, but it didn't really work. Trying to find a new pair of glasses made my mom want to dig out her old glasses. She has some crazy ones! Boots decided to join in on the fun. 
    • I also send pictures of me wearing hideous glasses to my friends. I thought that they would be honest and say they were ugly. That plan failed. Thanks guys.



  • Some of my friends got creative and created Smoothie Friday-Mustache Style! It was a very yummy Friday.
  • My peer ministry group held a dinner fundraiser called Pasta for Piper. We dressed in black and white plus wore ties. I love wearing ties! The fundraiser was a huge success!


  • We decided to crash our schools Snowball dance,and got kicked out. It takes talent to get kicked out of a dance. We also learned that Kayla is a terrible liar.
March
  • Boys basketball went to state again. They didn't win, but it was a good time. We had to fight underclassmen for our seats. We have had to wait since our freshmen year to get those seats. Annoying underclassmen. 
    • My mom freaked out at a bunch of protesters in Madison. I literally had to hold her back. It was an interesting experience. 
  • My last softball season started.

  • After many plans fell through Sarah and I ended up in Ft.Myers, Florida for spring break. A lot of strange things happened(befriended a prostitute, starting a party by the pool, some old lady named Mary had our back, etc). Overall, we brought back a lot of good memories and burnt earlobes.
April
  • We finally had our first softball game of the season! It was the beginning of a fun(annoying too) season with some awesome bus rides.


  • My little baby sister turned 13. Which means she finally became a teenager! 
May

  • May brought a whole lot of fun. Being a senior meant we were just ready to get out of high school and we didn't really care about the school part. 



  • I had my last school dance ever. Prom was a blast and it was a great way to end the era of high school dances. It was bittersweet to see it all come to an end.


  • My home economics class was my favorite class of the semester. We cooked, cleaned, and sewed. It was also my favorite class not to attend and instead I went to Perkins with Kayla.
  • Softball came to an end. We didn't win any games. Which was not a surprise. Our team was a joke and our main goal was to just joke around and have fun. We did have a great time! I still cannot believe I actually managed to stay in softball all four years of high school. It was a constant roller coaster of emotions, but I ended up my softball career in a good way. Unfortunately, I ended the season on 3rd base and I wish I would have been in the outfield.



  • The end of May brought the last day of classes with my girls. 
  • We had our senior day at a park and it rained. We were all freezing, but it ended in a movie day with the senior girls and eventually some senior guys. 
  • Just like that we closed the chapter of our lives entitled, "High School." 


  • Graduation means graduation parties were right around the corner. We had a good time celebrating our graduation. I hung out with people I rarely hung out with in high school. It was a time where we reflected on the past and tried to envision the future.
June


  • Shannon and I had a joint graduation party. I will probably never stop hearing about how Elisebeth left the next morning. We had a bonfire, went to taco bell, and just enjoyed being young.

  • The day after my graduation party I had to "represent" the softball team at the golf outing. The above picture is me sleeping on the golf course. I think that nap was a good representation of my four years in high school.
  • And the graduation parties continued…..
July

  • Sydney and I spent the 4th of July on my aunt and uncles boat. Sipping our drinks, floating in the bay, and working on our tan. We eventually made our way to watch fireworks downtown.



  • We continued on with our tradition of attending a christian music festival. We spent the majority of the time in our air conditioned camper spying on our strange neighbors and having water fights.


  • On my 18th birthday I got a tattoo and so did a few of my friends. My dad did not talk to me for two days straight, because he was so mad.


  • I road tripped to Winona with Katie and Sydney. They just loved how I don't like wasting gas on air conditioning in 80 degree weather.
  • I also celebrated Eric and I's two year anniversary. While attempting to find a picture of us for this I could not find a recent one. We do not take many pictures with each other apparently.
August
  • August started with my last hurrah before my friends and I went our separate ways. I planned a white water rafting trip and camping! 


  • I joined Shannon and her family for a road trip to Spokane,Washington. She is going to school in Spokane and we had to bring all of her stuff. I had a blast with my best friend since childhood! It was hard going different ways in our lives, but I know we will forever be friends.
  • My last night before I left for college I got together with some old(and newish) friends. We spent an hour at Applebee's talking about the present and the future. We then spent another hour in the parking lot reminiscing about the past and of course I had to deal with the waterworks from all of them. 
    • They showed up at 5am the next morning to see me off.

  • I went to a college out of state and I handled it pretty well! I had an entire week to spend before my actual classes started. It was a nice welcome to college.
September
  • I promised my friend Katie that I would go camping with her for Labor Day weekend. It was one of my favorite weekends with that girl and of course Eric!






  • The rest of September involved meeting new people and experiencing the college life. I also got super overwhelmed, but I made it.
  • I joined two clubs- UPAC and Campus Ministries

  • I also got to experience my high schools homecoming as an alumni. It was nice seeing my girls again, but it reminded me how it was time to move on.
October

  • In October my crazy moved out of our dorm room and into another. She eventually dropped out of school completely.

  • For Halloween I dressed up as a pirate and froze my ass off.

November


  • I got to experience my first  college homecoming! I was in the parade representing UPAC. It was a cold and crazy weekend.


  • I broke up with Eric after almost 2 1/2 years of dating. It was weird being single again, but it was also a relief.
  • I really started to bond with my fellow hallmates. We started our Wednesday wings at ZaZa's tradition!
  • Luke and I went to the Mall of America, had lunch with my cousin, and went to see Josh Wolf perform stand-up. 
  • We started dating after that.
  • Andrea came to visit me and she hung out with Luke and I. 
  • My friend Ciera was killed in a car accident.
  • I spent Thanksgiving with my family and then headed over to Sarah's families Thanksgiving. Sydney, Sarah, and I did some shopping that night. I then headed back home to pick up my sister and cousins to continue shopping.

  • The beginning of December was super stressful, because of finals! All I ever did was eat, sleep, and study.
  • I moved into a new room and I got a new roomie!
  • I ended the year by hanging out with friends, attending Christmas parties, and working.
I don't know what 2014 will bring.
I honestly have no idea where I will be, what I will be doing, or the person I will have grown to be.
I just hope 2014 brings just as much to my life as 2013 did.

No comments: