Sunday, February 16, 2014

St. Louis

This past weekend my cousin Levi had his wedding reception in St.Louis. He and his wife are in the air force and are heading to Germany soon. They got married a few months ago and his wife's parents wanted to throw a little get together. They sent invites to the Wisconsin side of the family and they just thought that we would send money. Little do they know that when someone mentions a party we find a way to make it.


We all were in the same hotel. Which was probably a bad idea. On Friday night we crammed about 20 people into a small hotel room, drank way to much, and had a good time. Apparently, quiet time starts at 10pm. Some guy wearing camo suspenders and rocking a huge beer belly knocked at the door at around 2am and broke up the party. It was fun while it lasted.
Saturday we all had a slow start, but we managed to get back together for brunch. A few hours later was the reception with an open bar. Last year was when I finally got excepted into the "adult" cousin group and this year my aunts and uncles finally offered me a drink. I loved drinking with my family! We ended up staying until bar close and then going back to the hotel to continue the party.

My parents did not give me a room key so I had to knock at the door at 3am. 
Then my dad woke me up at 6:30 to leave on our 8 hour car ride.
It was terrible.

Weddings and funerals are the major events that bring our entire family together.
No one is close to getting married and I really do not want someone to pass away.
So the entire night I was trying to convince my cousin, who lives in Salt Lake City, to become a sister wife. Apparently, she thinks that is a terrible idea. Go figure.

It sucked having to leave, but I am grateful for the time that we all had together.
Im so blessed with an awesome family!



No comments: