Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Boy

 I was enjoying the single life after getting out of a 2 1/2 year relationship and a rebound guy. I had no plans to find a guy and get into a relationship. I feel like it always works out that way. You stop looking for a relationship and all of a sudden you find yourself in one.

On May 30, my cousin Cody brought me to a bonfire. It was a bonfire with a bunch of his friends. I got bored playing beer darts so I decided to wander upstairs. Andy was up there and was making Bloody Marys. He offered to make me one and I decided to give them a shot. Afterwards, I didn't notice Andy that much. He made me take his turn during pool and teased me about drinking my Bloody Mary to slow.
 The next day Cody told me that Andy really liked me and had called dibs on me. I could not remember which friend Andy was. Oops. Cody started to invite me to small little get togethers at his place and of course Andy was there. We started texting back and forth. We both had super busy schedules and it was hard finding a time to hang out. So I invited him to my friend Sydney's birthday party on June 22. I was really nervous about this. I love my friends to death, but I never know how people will react to all of us together. Andy handled it like a champ and even said that our group of friends would be fun together(We did find out they are fun together). 
On June 23, we had our first official date. It involved Chinese food, Bloody Mary's(of course), and Maleficent.  My fortune cookie said "An exciting opportunity lies ahead if you are not timid." What a great fortune to get on a 1st date. I mentioned liking Star Wars and he wanted to watch them with me. We headed to my house and my parents ended up being awake. Nothing like meeting the family on your first date! We ended the night with a hug. He later texted me saying he was super nervous and should of kissed me.
 On June 24, he took me to a car meet and we went swimming with his friends. While in the hot tub he told me that I wanted me to be his girlfriend since the first time we met, but thought we should have a few dates before he asked. I said I would love to be his girlfriend and then we had our first kiss.

That is the story of how we became Andy and Rae. 
It happened so fast, but it has been a fun ride.
He's a really sweet guy and we have a lot of fun together.
I don't know if this is just a summer romance or a more permanent thing.
I did joke with him that we have to last until Labor Day, because we are going to a wedding together in August and he's going camping with me Labor Day weekend.

No comments: