Monday, August 4, 2014

Playing House

I got asked to house/dog sit for two weeks.
I invited Andy to come and play house with me.
I must admit I was a little nervous.
The majority of my friends haven't even spent an entire two weeks with me!
 
We are one week into it and I am having a blast!
Rocky, the dog, is a big needy baby!
He needs a fan on when he goes to bed, he needs to be walked at 8pm otherwise he whines all night, he hates being home alone for long periods of time, and does not like when Andy tries to cuddle with me.
It is like having a 100+ pound toddler around.

It's weird waiting at "home" for Andy to get off work. You can hear his car from a mile away and I always get excited when I hear it. It's fun coordinating schedules, cooking each other dinner, trying to convince the other one to go let the dog out or grab some chips. Most nights we end up eating dinner, watching Netflix, laughing at something the dog did, take a night walk with Rocky, and head off to bed. We got those old married couple routine down! My favorite time is when we are sleeping and the dog wakes us up wanting to go outside. We go back and forth trying to get the other one to get up! One night we invited some other couples over for a cookout one night and it felt very adult-ish!

I truly loved playing house with this guy! It made me look forward to the future, but it also made me realize that I can wait a while for that future to come. It's nice having someone waiting for me at home, coordinating schedules with each other, etc., but you only get a small portion of your life to be independent! I like having the opportunity to not come home at night when I'm having fun with friends, I like that my work schedule is the only thing I have to work around, and I like knowing I can pick up and go anytime. You wont be seeing a Mrs. in front of my name anytime soon. Why rush into something that is suppose to last a life time any way?

I have one week left playing house and I am going to keep on enjoying it, because who knows when I'll be ready for it to happen for real!

No comments: