Monday, September 8, 2014

Small Moments

I was recently thinking about how even the small things in life shape who you are. They may seem meaningless or to small to matter, but when you look back they were important. My roommate and I were talking about what we would do different in our life if we had a chance. We mentioned a few situations in life, but then we started connecting the dots. If that thing didn't occur then a another thing would not have happened and so on.

I don't remember the exact circumstances that led me to my friends in high school. Sure, I remember meeting them, sitting next to them in lunch,  and attending homecoming, but I do not remember that one specific moment where they turned from acquaintance to friends for the next 4 years. What if I had the opportunity to redo that time period, but somehow missed that one moment? That group of friends shaped me into the person I am today. Who would I have become without that one moment, that I do not even remember?


I don't remember when I decided to become a nurse. I know that I was around 5 or 6, but I could not tell you why I decided that was what I wanted to be when I got older. What or who flipped that switch inside my head? Here I am 12 years later in college going for my Bachelors of Science in Nursing. I chose to attend Winona State,because of their nursing program. Would I have ended up there even if I didn't want to be a nurse? This past year I've learned so much about myself. I wouldn't want to change my experience here.

I met my friend Katie, on the bus, in Kindergarten. She is still one of my best friends to this day. What if when she asked if she could sit next to me, I said "no"? In middle school I had my first taste of alcohol in her kitchen and that was the beginning of many stupid choices.

Plus, every person you have met have had moments that have made them who they are today. Their moments are bound to trickle down and somehow affect your life even in a small way.

Life is interesting.

No comments: