Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014

How has another year gone by in a blink of an eye?

If you had told me that 2014 would have gone like this, I don't think I would have believed you. It's been a good year, but it's not what I thought this year would be like.


  • I changed schools, but kept the same major. I decided that graduating with a ton of debt was not worth it and that I wanted to do more with my life in the next three years, besides go to school. So I left Winona State for a technical college and I'm very happy with that decision. I forgot what it's like to have money and I have so much more time on my hands. I'm grateful for my experience at a 4-year college!



  • I went from not having a job in Winona to having three back home. It's been an adjustment learning to balance school, work, and my social life. It's worth it! I'm saving up for a big summer trip and that involves working a lot. I also get to hang out with two adorable 4 year olds a few days a week and it has been great birth control. I'm already annoyed with constantly having to move around car seats. 

  • My relationship/not-relationship with Luke fizzled out at the beginning of 2nd semester. Which was good, because when I came home from college and met Andy. I was definitely not looking for a relationship, but six months later I am really happy. Andy also introduced Victoria and I to his friends who have become our party group.



  • I got the priviledge of having two amazing roommates. Shandell was my roommate during my second semester of freshmen year at Winona. Victoria moved into my parents house with me for our first semester of our sophomore year. These girls are a lot a like, which means I pretty much know what to look for personality wise if I ever need to find another roommate. I had/have so much fun living with those girls! I feel bad for people that have never lived with their best friend. It's a good time!

  • I spent the summer partying, working, and just living life. I got to house sit for two weeks which was a blast, I attended a wedding with Andy, I experienced my first car meet, and got myself in a mess with my friends Dad...and mom. It was an interesting summer to say the least.

  • I had two good semesters of college and I'm well on my way to becoming a nurse. I feel confident in my choice for my major, which is great, because a year ago I was questioning my decision. 

  • My grandmother passed away in December. That was probably the hardest part of the year for me. She was the only grandparent I ever got to meet. She was an amazing grandmother who taught me a lot and I miss her every day. On the bright side, almost all of my extended family came to town for the funeral and I loved being able to see them all!
I'm in Florida ending the year on a fantastic note! I'm sad to see 2014 go, but I'm looking forward to what 2015 will bring!

No comments: