Saturday, December 6, 2014

Family

I am one of the most awkward people at family events. You would think, that after 19 years of these people being in my life, I would have finally gotten my shit together and learned how to carry on a conversation with them. I'm still in the "smile(or fake laugh) and nod" phase. Family means a lot to me though. I desperately want a good relationship with my extended family, but I really struggle with it. That's why I'm so glad for the family that I was not born into, but that I chose. 
Knowing that a person was not obligated to interact with you, but instead chose you to be in their life is an amazing feeling. 
I always wanted a big family and I'm finally realizing that I do have one.
And to end on a none sappy note...

Family is forever. So you're stuck with me for the rest of your lives, bitches!

No comments: