Saturday, December 20, 2014

My Grandmother

My Grandmother passed away on December 15. She had been suffering from Alzheimer's for almost two decades. About a week before her death she went into kidney failure, because of the Alzheimer's. She was surrounded by family 24/7 that entire week before she passed away. I loved seeing my family come together like that for our matriarch. She was the only grandparent of mine that I got to meet. She impacted me in ways that she will never know. She was kind and loving, but a little spitfire at the same time. I loved hearing all of the stories about how she impacted someones life or a cute story about something she did. 
I'm proud to call her my grandmother.
I can only hope that I become half the woman/wife/mother/friend/daughter/grandmother that she was.
I know you're having a blast in heaven.


No comments: