Friday, January 23, 2015

High on life


It's hard to describe how I have been feeling lately.
I've been really high on life.
Late at night Victoria and I have such deep conversations about life and all that it entails.
We talk about how we really want to live life and not just go through the motions.
Society tells you what an ideal life looks like, but you should be the one creating the life you truly want. If you want your life to be about getting married and having babies, go for it. If you want to climb the ladder to success, great! If you want to drop everything and travel the world, I will be jealous of you. If you have no idea what you want out of life, go on as many adventures as you can to figure it out. 



"If you don't make the time to work on creating the life you want, you're eventually going to be forced to spend a lot of time dealing with a life you don't want." -Kevin Ngo



How true is that quote? Life is short. Our time on this earth will pass quickly. I hope that I will be able to look back on the good parts and know that I lived the life I wanted. I hope that I will be able to look at the bad parts and be able to see how I took those experiences and allowed myself to grow from them. 



I guess I could say that I've been feeling on top of the world lately.
I don't remember ever feeling this happy or content in my life.
I still stress over college, work at a place I'm not fond of, watch kids who manage to drive me absolutely crazy(Yet have me wrapped around their fingers), wonder where I will be in 10 years, etc.
I'm just learning to take every day for what it is worth.








No comments: