Monday, March 30, 2015

2000s

When I had lunch with my 13 year old cousin a few weeks ago she mentioned that she liked listening to "old school" bands like Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and she's also been listening to Avril Lavigne. Sweetheart, Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance formed in 2001 and my girl Avril hit the scene in 1999! That means they are practically still practicing in their parent's garages hoping to make it big. Holy shit...2001 was 14 years ago...and 1999 was...never mind about that.When did that happen? I remember watching their music videos late at night with my friend Shannon, because we didn't have lives on the weekends back in the day. Eww...did I just type "back in the day" to reference a part of my life? Excuse me while I go apply anti-aging creme and yell at the neighbor kids to get off of my lawn. So thank you cousin for taking me down memory lane! All of these 2000s era bands have returned to my iTunes. They have been missed. This playlist is in honor of all the emo kids that were inspired by these bands and their lyrics. The early 2000s were a great time to fan girl over cute lead singers.


    1. I Miss You- Blink 182
    2. Stacy's Mom- Fountains of Wayne
    3. Sugar, We're Going Down- Fall Out Boy
    4. Miserable at Best- Mayday Parade
    5. Face Down- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    6. Fall For You- Secondhand Serenade
    7. I Will Follow You Into The Dark- Death Cab For Cutie
    8. Welcome to My Life- Simple Plan
    9. Absolutely (Story of A Girl)- Nine Days
    10. Welcome to the Black Parade- My Chemical Romance
    11. The Geeks Get the Girls- American Hi-Fi
    12. Sk8er Boi- Avril Lavigne 
    13. Unwell- Matchbox 20
    14. Teenagers- My Chemical Romance

It was so hard to not make this list huge and I had to really narrow it down, but hopefully you're inspired to look up your favorite bands from back in the day (which includes the early 2000's apparently). 

1 comment:

Elisebeth Hovland said...

Fall Out Boy is still releasing plenty of new music and is touring. My roommate is obsessed with them-so I hear about it all of the time.
But anywho, this really hit home. Avril was my jam. And Fall for You by Secondhand Serenade will forever be a personal favorite of mine.