Friday, March 20, 2015

Facials and Lunch dates

I nanny two little girls, who happen to be neighbors, and I've really clicked with Sam's mom! I always look forward to her coming home after work, because we have really good conversation in between her arriving and me leaving. We have wanted to hang out without the interruption of kids needing homework help and dinner needing to be made. Brittney was having a facial party one Saturday and she invited Victoria and I. We drank way to many mimosas before noon and had a lot of good laughs! Ilia's mom(the other little girl I watch) joined in on the fun and it was nice seeing her putting back mimosa's and not being in mom mode. There may be a ten year age difference, between Brittney's friends and us, but it didn't feel that way. It's probably not normal to drink with the babysitter, but I'm not complaining.

Afterwards, I went home to take a much needed nap! I had late lunch/early dinner plans with my cousin. I have a desire to really get to know my extended family and have mainly focused on my older cousins and aunts. So I decided to reach out to my 13 year old cousin Jonna. She's got the hipster dress, listening to old school bands, love to read thing going on. We had lunch at Kavarna, which is a place that she has never been to before, which surprised me! I then remembered that she was 13 and probably didn't go for random lunch/study dates with friends, because she can't drive yet. She was so nervous! It was cute.
She even gave me a shout out on facebook and called me her favorite cousin afterwards!
I kind of feel bad for never really trying to connect with her before.
I know that I would have loved for my older cousins to reach out to me.
Another successful lunch with another family member!


No comments: