Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Next Step

1. Build a life with my best friend

You know when people say they want to build their life with their best friends and by "best friend" they mean their significant other? Well, I literally mean my best friend*. So what kind of life do we plan on building? We currently live together and are having the time of our lives! We want to continue to surround ourselves with good people, we want to go on adventures, we want to finish nursing school, and our end goal is to be in Europe together as traveling nurses. Our entire lives may not involve us being a dynamic duo, but building a life takes literally a lifetime and involves many chapters. I'm glad that Victoria is helping write this chapter. 

2. Nursing School

Nursing school is hard and it officially starts this upcoming fall. I've dreamed of this for as long as I can remember and it's within reach now. In order to accomplish my dreams, I need to get through the next two years of my life. Hard work mixed with the occasional good time will be the cocktail that will get me through it. 

3. Travel

I have my US road trip planned for this summer! Victoria and I want to go to Thailand during winter break, but that can only happen if we stay within budget during our US road trip. What's next after that? No idea! But it will involve something exciting.

4. Turning 20

That's right. I'm leaving my teen years in a few short months and I'm terrified. I'm sure I will be posting about my fear of turning 20 in another post. So I'll save my thoughts on it for a later time!

5. Enjoy the place I am in now

As much as I am looking forward to the future I want to really cherish this time of life I'm in now. The past 19 (almost 20) years have gone by in a blink of an eye. I wanted to be in high school so badly when I was younger and all of a sudden that part of my life is over. I'm on to the next part and this part is going by even faster! I need to take it all in, before it's time to turn the page once again.

*I'm one of those extremely lucky people that got blessed with some amazing girls I get to call my best friends! In this post, I'm referencing my best friend Victoria. The rest of you are lucky that I'm not making you go through nursing school with me, but you guys always are welcome to join me on the journey!

No comments: