Wednesday, May 27, 2015

What I've been watching

I honestly do not have a "popular" taste regarding what I watch on TV(or Netflix). I get that stupid funny is really popular, but the only stupid funny show that I have gotten on board with is Parks and Rec. My taste fits very well with the early 2000s hits (One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls) and the PBS watching crowd (documentaries, Downton Abbey). It's a rough life loving those things when my generation is quoting The Office and Family Guy.

These three are my most recent finds on Netflix...

1. Women Who Make America

This is a documentary that I loved!!! It goes through important women in the past few decades who have really stood up for women and their rights. It also shows the history of the feminist movement and why it exists. 

2. The Bletchley Circle

It's a murder mystery drama with four females as the leads. It's based a few years after World War II and also talks about the war, which is a time I find fascinating to learn about. This series is well written and I got a little history lesson too. If you are not a fan of shows based in the past or murder mysteries you probably won't like it. 

3. Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries

After watching The Bletchley Circle I was craving more of that type of series. So I typed in "Murder mysteries" on Netflix and this show popped up. I was a little skeptical, but I had time to waste so I watched the first episode and fell in love with Miss Phryne Fisher. It's a show based on a lady detective in the 1920s. She's as feminist as women could be in that time, her outfits are always on point, and she's pretty much my hero.

I'd love to hear what you guys are watching, because my list of things I want to watch is dwindling!

No comments: