Thursday, July 16, 2015

San Francisco, California: Famous Houses and Chinatown

I am officially 20 years old.
That fact still blows my mind, but aging is a privilege denied to many, so I guess I can't complain.
I also just had one of the best birthdays of my life, which I'm hoping is a sign of what the next decade will bring!

We got wine drunk on the boat the night before to give my teen years a proper goodbye.
The next morning I was ready to start my 20s off on a fantastic note!
We went to a few of the houses in San Francisco that have become famous because of movies or TV shows.
Mrs.Doubtfire's house had a little memorial in front for Robin Williams, the Full House house recently got a new color, Mia Thermopolis' pre-princess firehouse was just like the movie, and the Painted Ladies were under construction, but still fabulous!
For lunch we ate at an In-N-Out.
The burgers were really good and surprisingly cheap!
Then we went to the Oldest Chintown in North America and the biggest outside of Asia.
We made our own fortune cookies at Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory, which is literally located in an alley. Finding it was not easy!

We walked around for a few hours and also explored downtown San Francisco.
Driving up the hills in San Francisco is terrifying!!
Parking on the hills are terrifying.
If I lived here I would be getting my brakes checked all the time!

We ended our night at an Italian Restaurant in Sausalito and drank beer back at the boat.
It was a great day!



No comments: