Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Our Roots

My biggest heartache is being in a part of my life that I have dreamed about for years and not having the person that I dreamed with by my side for it.

We all grow and evolve throughout the years. It's an unrealistic expectation that you will grow along side the same people for your entire life. I have a difficult time letting go of people in situations like this. Letting go is never fun, especially when you aren't the one ready to let go, but the other person is. Part of growing up is finding yourself and discovering what you want in life. Sometimes people that were once on the same path have crossed unto another one or you have changed your path. So you keep the memories that you have created together, but you move on and continue your own journey.

"Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled."

It may hurt and the person will probably always hold a piece of your heart, but there is no point in fighting for something that has run its course.

No comments: