Monday, October 5, 2015

Nursing School: Getting Felt Up

I'm currently taking a skills class. It's where I learn important basic nursing skills. I love learning how to do things, but every week I get tested on my new "skills" which is really stressful! It takes hours of practice to get some of these skills down and you become very close with your fellow classmates, because we are all practicing on each other. In class today, we were learning about heart sounds and different places on the body that you can listen to the heart. My group was confused about some of the locations and when we asked our instructor to show us I became the guinea pig. Her hands were all over my chest and in order to get an apical pulse she had to go right up under my boob. Once that was done we all proceeded to do the exact same thing to each other.There are no boundaries in nursing school!


No comments: