Saturday, January 2, 2016

Day 5: Hungover, Empire State Building, Macy's, Times Square

Victoria and I woke up feeling like death around noon. We could not get ourselves together! We ordered a pizza and laid in bed watching Netflix. I eventually decided that I was not going to waste an entire day in New York nursing a hangover. So I hopped in the shower and got ready to go out. Victoria decided to stay in bed. It was weird having to walk around the city without my sidekick, but I still had fun!

I went into a few stores to look around including Uniqlo and H&M.
I just happened to find Macy's along the way!
The last time I was in that Macy's I was in middle school and my family took a mini-vacation to NYC. I only allowed myself to buy one thing! The store was still decked out for Christmas and was beautiful!

I then walked around Times Square without the crazy crowds from the night before.
Confetti was still all over the place!
This city is so magical and every turn makes me happy.

My last stop for the night was the Empire State Building!
I was so cold at this point, but I'm glad I went to go see it.
I heard the view from the top is wonderful, but it's expensive and I decided not to go to the top. 
I picked up some burgers for Victoria and I and decided to call it a night.

No comments: