Saturday, January 16, 2016

New Years Resolution

I believe that everyone's new years resolutions should include growing as an individual. That growth doesn't even have to be a lot! We all make new years resolutions and a lot of times we fail, but even failure can help you grow.

One of my favorite quotes to keep me motivated to truly experience life is by Robin Sharma and it says, "Don't live the same year 75 times and call it a life." It's really easy to get caught up in making money, getting good grades, spending time with people that don't help you grow or simply watching Netflix to waste time. All of a sudden 365 days pass by and your year doesn't stand out from the previous year or the year before that. Making new friends, quitting jobs you hate, letting go of negative people, etc., can all be small ways to grow as a person and get more out of life.

So my ultimate goal for 2016 is to simply grow more as a person, as a friend, as a sister, etc. I want to work on becoming a better person than I was in 2015. This one goal can easily lead to getting more out of life, but most importantly getting more out of the each day individually.


No comments: