Saturday, February 6, 2016

Clinicals

School has officially begun again. I started on January 25 and had my first exam on February 3, Nursing school is great. They like to cram in a lot of stuff in a short period of time. To be honest, I think it will be a great semester. I have clinicals in med-surg, OB, and my community clinical sites involve a wound care center, cardiac rehab, foot care, pediatrics, digestive health, and a clinic. Should be a good time!

I have already clipped old people's toe nails, got to follow around nurses in the wound care center, and see old people run on treadmills. The wound care clinic was really cool and I saw some intense/gross things. Wound care is definitely not a field of nursing I want to get into, but I now know I can stomach it! I also got to see and learn about hyperbaric chambers in use. My time at the cardiac rehabilitation center was a bit boring, because I felt like I was just at a gym watching people run on treadmills. 

I'm looking forward to my time in OB. I can't wait to see babies being born! That has always been a field I've been interested in. In my health promotion class, we are learning all about prepartum and postpartum women and how to take care of them. I will never know why women get pregnant on purpose. The whole process sounds and looks awful. All schools need to do is have teenagers shadow an OB nurse and that will be the best birth control around!


No comments: