Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Idaho: Part 1

Victoria and I have been to Florida three times in the past year and a half.
So while all the college kids were heading to the beach, we decided to head to the snow covered mountains in Idaho. 
Our entire goal for this family vacation was to just relax.
We definitely accomplished that.


My Aunt and Uncle live in St.Charles, Idaho right on Bear Lake.
Victoria and I stayed with them for a few days during our road trip this past summer.
You can read about that here
The place definitely has a different feel in the winter, but it is still so beautiful!


On Friday we all piled into my moms car and started the 24 hour journey to Idaho.
We drove nonstop, except for a quick breakfast with my Great Aunt Rose, who lives in Spearfish, SD. It was nice catching up with her, even though we were exhausted from a night of driving.
We finally strolled into St.Charles at about 5:30 pm.
My cousin Levi just happened to be in town from New Mexico with his friend Stephen. 
Victoria and my mom headed to bed after dinner, but the rest of us hung out in my Uncle Leon's garage drinking by the wood stove.




The next day we caught up on sleep and kept it low key.
Victoria, my sister, and I headed into the nearest town with a grocery store.
We found out that the whole town pretty much shuts down on Sundays, except for Subway and the Dollar Store. The rest of the day involved naps and hanging out.



On Monday, we went back to town to accomplish the grocery shopping we had planned to do the previous day. We walked around the town and took some pictures. The town had the perfect feel for grunge pictures! We then headed back home for Victoria and I could cook dinner for the family. 


After dinner, it was time for some good ole' garage drinking!
We all piled into the garage and a few neighbors came over (Camrin's dad being one of them).
We talked about everything under the sun.
The conversations got especially good once my mom and aunt Kathy went to bed!
Victoria also kept getting hit on by Camrin's dad, Don. 
Old men from Idaho sure do love her!

The night ended with us stumbling to bed with some great stories.
The week isn't over yet!
I can't wait to see what the rest of our time here has in store.

No comments: