Monday, March 21, 2016

Idaho: Part 2

Idaho's weather was all over the place.
I didn't know if it would be a sweater or winter jacket weather when I woke up.


We went to Riverdale and swam in the hot springs with the fam bam.
We went on a Tuesday so we had the place to ourselves!
It was so warm and relaxing.
Towards the end it started to hail/snow heavily, which was cool to watch from the enclosed area of the pool.

The next day we went to the National Oregon/California Trail Center.
This was my Aunt's idea, but wasn't that awful. 
I learned a lot!
It was interesting thinking about my fun care-free road trip across America in a car and then comparing that with those those that took the Oregon/California Trail. These people accepted the fact that they might die in hopes for a better life and I just thought, "Let's go have a fun summer!" The times sure have changed! It made me grateful for what I have and admire those that made the journey not that long ago. We then hit up Studebaker's Pizza, which we also ate at our last time in Idaho. 
On Thursday, we drove up to Beaver Creek Lodge in the Logan Canyon in Utah.
We rented three snowmobiles and hit the trails.
Snowmobiling in the mountains is absolutely breathtaking! 
The views made up for the ridiculously ungroomed trails.
I guess that's what we get for snowmobiling at the end of March.
There was spots where the snow was four feet deep, which was why Victoria and I ended up tipping our snowmobile twice...oops!




No comments: