Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween 2016


Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.
It was fun as a kid, but nothing beats celebrating Halloween as an adult!
Brennan and I went with steampunk for our theme, because we are both nerdy and love steampunk.
Brennan's roommwates went as Leslie Knopp, Pitbull, Ariel, and Eric.
On Friday, we pre-gamed at Brennan's and headed downtown, which was surprisingly pretty dead. 
My friend Whitney then texted me about a costume party at some country bar.
So we decided to hop in an Uber and head that way.
It was $5 all you can drink beer, but somehow we ended up not paying for anything. 
I ended up running into a ton of people that I go to nursing school with at the bar, which was fun. 
ATwo bar fights started within 5 minutes of each other, which was probably the highlight of my night.





On Saturday night, Brennan and I went to my friend Amanda's Halloween party.
Her parents are the actual hosts and they know how to do Halloween.
Their entire house was decked out in decorations and there was so much food and alcohol.
All of Amanda's friends partied in the basement for the most part. 
I found it to be a very stereotypical millennial party.
We were all between the ages of 21 and 35, yet were partying in our friends parents basement. 
Amanda was kept double checking that the smell of weed wasn't getting upstairs not because she was afraid of getting in trouble, but because her mom didn't like the smell of weed. Being an adult is great.


I also found out I was partying with the "cool" auntof the kids I babysit for occasionally. Her name is Raine and my name is Rae so the kids are constantly calling me Raine. 
Small world!
We danced together for the majority of the night and she gave me her stamp of approval.



A bunch of us left the party at midnight to catch the band at Gasoline.
Gasoline is probably my favorite bar in Green Bay! 
The band was really good and I continued my night of dancing. 
We spent a lot of time just walking around looking at all the costumes as well. 
Some people get so creative!


At Bar close Brennan and I headed home.
All of Brennan's roommates happened to be getting home at the same time.
Kyle and Sebastian crawled in bed with Brennan and I.
All of my friends are really touchy and I love that Brennan's friends are the same way. 
Personal space is non-existent in our friend groups.
They stayed for about an hour and I probably spent the majority of that time laughing my ass off.



Everyone was suggesting that Brennan and I start going to steampunk events, which I would actually consider! I do love dressing up.
I would say that Halloween weekend 2016 was a success!
I got plenty of use out of my costume, I had a ton of fun, and I got to hang out with a lot of great people.

No comments: