Thursday, January 26, 2017

Europe: The Journey back home

We had to wake up early in order to catch a bus and train to the airport. Brennan got stopped and questioned so many times at the airport! There also seemed to be an abundance of idiots at the airport who made the wait times so long! On the airplane there was some drama with a lady sitting in the wrong seat and not wanting to get up, because she had a lap child and wanted the extra seat, which wasn't actually empty. She put up a fuss! I barely slept on our journey across the ocean to Detroit nor did I sleep on the short plane ride to Green Bay. I was just sad and reminiscing about how crazy the last month of my life had been. My parents picked us up from the airport and were glad to see us.

Travel does the heart good, but it also makes it really hurt. You meet so many great people who you always have to say goodbye to. You experience so much, but coming back to reality is never easy. You can tell people about your adventures, but unless they personally experienced it they will never completely understand. After all of those feelings I still would recommend anyone and everyone to travel. It's an experience you will never regret. I think it is so important to spend money on experiences instead of things!

Europe you definitely have my heart and I look forward to returning one day.

No comments: